Wednesday 26 March 2014

Attempts At Writing Score

In my case studies I identified that writing a lot of music not to picture was a technique Trent Reznor successfully used to create his score for "The Social Network". With this in mind and the inspiration videos mentioned in my last blog post I begun to write music that will later be adapted and placed into the film I created.

Link To Created Film Scores

As you can hear the score's are quite reflective of the inspirational clips I selected. I opted to use similar instrumentation and aimed to create a similar mood/feeling; I found writing music of a specific mood and feeling quite strange, it took a lot of experimentation to find a strong or interesting melody for the score but I found that once I had one the easiest way to continue the writing process was was to basically build around the lead melody, essentially bulking out the track.



No comments:

Post a Comment